1) Faster searches will be louder while slower ones will be quieter.
2) Make too much noise or lurk around too long and you'll get attacked.
4) Search an area until depleated of loot, you might find something nice!
5) Keep an eye on the zombie prooximity! Don't get caught with your paints down...
6) Remember to equip your weapon... Too many times I've forgotten...
7) You gain health by resting, but it makes your hunger and thirst bars go down.
8) You can "out run" the horde following you by travelling around a lot.
9) It takes up to 50 actions to level up a certain skill.
10) The faster the zombie, the more mean it is. Don't be afraid to run away (if you can). Zombies are easier at the beginning of the game.